Discipline Lead: Dave Guyan
Disciplinary Secretary: David Parry-Jones
Age Grade Disciplinary Secretary: David Parry-Jones
GRFU Schools/Colleges Discipline Secretary: Keith Gee
GRFU has delegated authority to hold disciplinary hearings within the County. The work of the Disciplinary Panel is governed by RFU Regulation 19.
The full RFU Regulations can be accessed here & /or follow the title links:
- RFU Reg 19 - Discipline
- Appendix 1 - Yellow Cards
- Appendix 2 - Sanction Entry Points
- Appendix 3 - Disciplinary Costs / RFU Administration Fees
- Appendix 4 - Adult Rugby Citing Procedures
- Appendix 5 - RFU Practice Notes & Sanctions Guidance
- Appendix 6 - Age Grade Rugby Disciplinary Procedures
- Appendix 7 - Disciplinary Hearing Procedure & draft form
When a red card has been given:
- clubs should inform the Disciplinary Secretary . THIS MUST BE DONE WITHIN 48 HOURS as per RFU regulations.
- clubs should respond promptly to any communications from the Discipline Secretary
- clubs should ensure that the carded player sees the referees report.
- further relevant information is contained in the letter sent to clubs along with GRFU charge sheet and referees report
- clubs are responsible for any invoice issued for administration costs. It is a club internal matter if they wish their player to pay.
- a further suspension on the player can be issued if an invoice has not been settled within 21 days
- the Discipline Secretary will always give advice should a club be concerned about any issue