Playing Adult Rugby - Player Approval Form
- Approval for a male or female 17 year old to play adult rugby is required under Regulation 15. Due to new DBS and Safeguarding Requirements from 2019 this is a 2-stage process.
- In addition to the individual player being approved, the Club also need approval to play 17 year olds in adult rugby by completing the Playing Adult Rugby – Club Approval Form and process.
- This form should be read and actioned alongside the Club guide.
Please do not use for England academy players.
- The ultimate consideration must be for the welfare and safety of the player and those they play with/against.
- There must be clear communication with all those involved in and affected by the decision.
- The following aspects must be considered:
- The physical and social development of the individual and their playing colleagues
- The skill level and experience of the individual
- The individual’s playing position in the team
- The competitive standard of the particular match and playing conditions.
- The form must be completed in full, endorsed by a coach of at least UKCC Level 2 and submitted to the Constituent Body (CB) for approval. Once approved, the player can play adult rugby, not before.