ALL COURSES SUSPENDED
Update on England Rugby Training Courses
In light of the updated advice from Public Health England and the decision to suspend all rugby activity the following advice is released.
All England Rugby Coaching, Refereeing and Mentoring Award courses currently underway will be postponed. Participants booked onto these courses can either complete their remaining days when courses restart next season or request a refund.
If you would prefer a refund please contact email@example.com. We are experiencing significant workload currently, but refunds will be processed ASAP.
To people who have booked onto and paid for courses due to commence between 17th March and 30th April:
- All England Rugby training courses scheduled to start between 17th March and 30th April will be cancelled and the participants already booked will be refunded. We are experiencing significant workload currently, but refunds will be processed ASAP.
To people booked onto and paid for courses due to commence between 1st May and 30th June:
- A decision on courses due to start in May/June will be made based on guidance from Public Health England by the end of March.
To people who have completed Level 3 pre-requisite courses and have indicated their intention to apply for Level 3:
- Applications for the 2020/21 Level 3 Coaching Award will be postponed. We will follow the guidance from Public Health England before making a decision on when to open applications.
|Type||Course||Date & Time||Venue||URL Link|
|Coach||eLearning Tackle Safe||-||Online||https://gms.rfu.com/GMS|
|Coach||Mentoring||Sun 15th Mar (9:00-17:00)||Dings RFC||
|Safeguarding||Play it Safe||Mon 16th Mar (18:30-21:00)||Minchinhampton RFC||
|Coach||CPD Game Changers||Mon 16th Mar (19:00-21:30)||Burnham-on-Sea RFC||
|Safeguarding||Play it Safe||Mon 23rd Mar (18:30-21:00)||North Bristol RFC||https://bit.ly/2ODtQe3|
|Referee||QKF Refereeing||Mon 23rd Mar (18:30-20:30)||Gordon League RFC||https://bit.ly/2S8sysg|
|First Aid||Emergency First Aid Course||Wed 25th Mar (19:00-21:30)||Gordano RFC||http://bit.ly/3al9Cy2|
|Coach||CPD Game Changers||Wed 8th Apr (18:30-20:30)||Berry Hill RFC||https://bit.ly/2GOVhgv|
|First Aid||Emergency First Aid Course||Sat 18th Apr (9:00-17:00)||Hornets RFC||
|Coach||Rugby Ready||Mon 20th Apr (18:30-20:30)||Chelt Tigers RFC||
|Referee||QKF Refereeing||Wed 22nd Apr (18:30-20:30)||Berry Hill RFC||https://bit.ly/2vD4Sob|
|Coach||Rugby Ready||Thur 30th Apr (18:30-20:30)||Chipping Sodbury RFC||
|Coach||Engand Rugby Coaching Award||Sat 9th, 30th May &13th Jun (9:00-17:00)||Tewkesbury School||
|Coach||England Rugby Coaching Award||Sun 10th, 31st May & 14th Jun (9:00-17:00)||Kingswood School||
|Coach||England Rugby Coaching Award||Sat 16th May & 6th, 20th Jun (9:00-17:00)||Bradford on Avon RFC||
|Coach||England Rugby Coaching Award||Sun 21st, 28th Jun & 5th Jul (9:00-17:00)||Lockleaze Sport Centre||
PLEASE SEE IMPORTANT COURSE BOOKING CHANGES BELOW
- There is no manual upload for any courses. Every person who wants to attend a course, regardless of their age, or environment must book online. To book onto a course, please create an account using the following link. The RFU does not allow under 18s to create an account, or book onto a course themselves. A parent/guardian must create an account for themselves, and the child. Individuals must be booked on a minimum of 10 days before the course starts.
- We will not accept walk on registers, and anyone who walks on will not be added to courses manually. This means we must adhere to 6 week booking process, and ensure clubs, schools etc have ample time to get members to sign up.
- There is no group booking function – CCC/CSO etc cannot block book for their club. The individual must book, pay, and manage their booking. They’ll be issued a receipt, and can then claim money back from club. This is largely to ensure we remain In line with the GDPR principle of encouraging individuals to manage their own data. This should also help us (RFU) to keep more accurate participant data on GMS.
CLICK HERE TO ESTABLISH WHAT TRAINING IS APPRROPRIATE FOR YOU.
Training is one of the most crucial factors in developing, sustaining and increasing participation in rugby union, securing the future and quality of the English game.
To be an effective coach or referee, you will need to fulfil a number of different roles, covering the technical, tactical, physical and mental aspects demanded by our game.
The RFU structured qualification schemes provide the opportunity - CONTACT your RDO to discuss.
Please check out the E-Learning Modules on the RFU Website Coaching Resources. These are valuable tools to help you reflect/recap on your own individual learning.
More details of all training courses and development opportunities available can be found HERE