Age Grade Rugby
GRFU Age Grade Rugby Chair: Connor Thompson
GRFU's Age Grade Committee aims to support the delivery of Age Grade Rugby across Gloucestershire, by
- Considering and taking an informed view on changes, issues and developments that affects age grade rugby – including (but not limited to)
- Providing advice and guidance to age grade sections on current issues and enduring themes
- Ensuring a strong communication flow from club age grade sections into the GRFU Age Grade Committee and then onto to all stakeholders, including (but not limited to):
- GRFU Management Board
- Other GRFU Sector Committees
- Associated Referee Societies
- GRFU Discipline Panel
- Ensuring strong communication from the RFU/ GRFU into age grade sections
- Advocating best practice across age grade sections - acknowledge it and ensure it is shared widely
- Supporting the growth of the game and collaboration between clubs, schools and other bodies
- Supporting the delivery of governance, safeguarding, competitions and discipline by other GRFU Sector Heads
Throughout our business the committee will promote and advocate:
- The core values of rugby – teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportmanship
- Coaches, parents and all adults (involved in the game) being child centred and development driven.
- Continuous development and upskilling of coaches.
- Creation of the best possible environment for age grade rugby, so that everyone stays in the game longer.
The Age Grade Committee has representatives from every Combination within the GRFU – please do contact them if you need advice, guidance or wish to raise an issue for consideration by the committee.
Jason Roberts – Drybrook RFC
Graham Stait – Chipping Sodbury RFC
Alistair Carter – Chosen Hill FP RFC
Phil Grinnell – Gordon League RFC
Steve Bevan – Cinderford RFC
Richard Evans – Cirencester RFC
Nick Lockett – Chipping Sodbury RFC